Why Travel Insurance?
There are numerous unexpected events that occur everyday and some may cancel or interrupt travel plans. Travel insurance offers peace of mind that an unexpected event won’t cause financial loss. Below are some statistics and examples that illustrate reasons for considering travel insurance.
- The odds to win the lottery – 1 in 18,000,000. The odds to have a travel claim – 1 in 6.
- 65% or more of travel claims occur before you walk out your front door to leave for your trip.
- Since 2010 natural disasters such as volcanic ash, hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, floods and blizzards have caused trips to be cancelled, interrupted or delayed.
- Family members or travel companions suddenly require hospitalization or pass away causing you to cancel or interrupt your vacation.
- You suddenly lose your job due to a layoff and need your vacation money back to help with everyday living expenses.
- While overseas, your passport and airline tickets are stolen by pickpockets.
- Your luggage fails to arrive at the dock in time for your departure on a week-long cruise.
- Your airline, cruise line or tour operator suddenly goes bankrupt 2 weeks before your departure date.
- You fall while shopping and need help locating a reputable clinic for medical treatment.
- Your hotel resort in the Caribbean has been evacuated due to an approaching hurricane.
- You or your spouse is hospitalized overseas with a serious heart condition. You want to get home for treatment.
24/7 Emergency Travel Assistance
Every iTravelInsured program includes emergency assistance services that can help a traveler when they most need it. Services such as:
- Emergency Travel Arrangements - In the event you
must return home or discontinue your trip as a result of an
interruption in travel due to an illness of your spouse, child,
parent, in-law or grandparent, we will help you make the
appropriate travel arrangements. You are responsible for the
cost of the travel tickets.
- Lost Passport/Travel Documents Assistance - We will help
you report, retrieve or replace lost or stolen travel documents,
such as your passport, credit cards and airline tickets.
- Lost Luggage Assistance - We will assist you in communicating
with the commercial carrier for the return of your lost luggage.
- Embassy or Consulate Referral - We will inform you of the
location and contact telephone numbers for the nearest
embassy or consulate, no matter where you are.
- Emergency Message Relay - We will receive or transmit
emergency messages between you, your family and your
- Emergency Prescription Replacement - We will assist
you with the replacement of lost or damaged prescription
medication. You are responsible for the cost of the actual
medication and shipping costs, if any.
- Medical Referral - If urgent medical advice or care is needed,
we are prepared to refer you to the nearest appropriate care
facility or provide a listing of available medical care to you. We will assist with obtaining an appointment with the medical
care provider you have chosen.
- 24-Hour Medical Monitoring - If you are hospitalized, we will provide medical professionals to communicate with your
treating doctor(s) and help you monitor your condition. We can also communicate with your family doctor, as you direct.
- Emergency Cash Transfer - We will help you transfer funds, up
to $500, in the event you have a medical or travel emergency.
- Legal Referrals - We will provide you with a referral to the
- Emergency Translations - We will provide personal,
emergency telephone translation services and referral to
a local interpreter service should you require language